Identity theft … it’s a billion dollar target for thieves. It’s a billion dollar loss for the rest of us.
IDSafeChoice provides fully managed recovery services if you and your family are victims of identity theft.
Fieldstone Credit Union provides IDSafeChoice automatically to all members who have checking accounts. The cost is $1.95 per family per month. You may choose to “opt out” of coverage at any time.
Here’s how IDSafeChoice works.
If you suspect that your identity has been compromised in any way, call Fieldstone Credit Union at 815-929-1870. We will contact IDSafeChoice, and you will work with your own personal Identity Recovery Advocate until your issues are resolved.
Your Identity Recovery Advocate will:
- Do all of the work to restore your identity on your behalf –– no matter what type of identity theft occurred and no matter how long it takes
- Provide a fully managed Recovery System, which include an Identity Theft Threat Assessment and a review of your Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion Credit Reports
- Place “Fraud Alerts” with all three credit bureaus and with federal and local law enforcement agencies
- File disputes with all banks, government agencies, creditors, etc. on your behalf
- Send you Progress Reports throughout your Identity Restoration
- Confirm that your identity has been returned to your “Pre-Theft Status”
- Provide Post-Recovery Follow-Up for 12 months after Identity Restoration.
IDSafeChoice covers three generations of your family: you and your spouse, children (through age 25) who are living in your home, and parents who are living with you or are in assisted living, nursing home, or hospice care.
To upgrade your IDSafeChoice coverage: https://fieldstone.merchantsinfo.com/
To purchase credit monitoring only: https://fieldstonemon.merchantsinfo.com/
Terms and Conditions
- The IDSafeChoice Select program is sponsored by Fieldstone Credit Union, herein identified as “Sponsor”.
- The Sponsor determines the “Eligible Group” (those accounts that will have the
benefit provided as part of the account ownership). Accountholders may forfeit the
benefit and forego the fee for the benefit at any time (“Select-Out”) by following
the procedure defined by the Sponsor. Those accountholders who do not Select-Out of the benefit are defined as the “Covered Group”.
- Services are provided to the individual(s) in the Sponsor’s Covered Group and to their eligible family members as defined. The benefit is not extended to
business accounts. Benefits are non-transferable.
- Benefits are extended to the Covered Group at the discretion of the Sponsoring
Financial Institution and may be cancelled upon 60 days notice to the Covered
- Family coverage extends to the named accountholders in the Covered Group,
their spouse or domestic partner, dependants up to age 25 with the same permanent
residence address as the accountholder (including students and military personnel), and parents of the accountholder living at the same address as the accountholder or
who are living in hospice or in an assisted living or a nursing home or who are deceased for 12 months or less.
- Benefits have no cash equivalent and are non-transferable. Financial losses of
any kind arising from the identity theft are not covered.
- Eligibility for recovery services is based on ID theft events that are discovered
and reported to the Sponsor on or after the effective date of the program.
- Identity Theft is defined as fraud that involves the use of a consumer’s name,
address, social security number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or
other identifying information without the knowledge of the consumer, and such
information is used to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the individual in the
Covered Group is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements,
or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of a case. A provider of the identity theft services cannot be held responsible for failure to provide or for delay in providing services when such failure or delay is caused by conditions beyond its control.
- This program does not provide credit counseling or repair to credit which
legitimately belongs to the individual in the qualifying group.
- Services are only available to residents of the United States. Identity recovery is only performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies.
- Benefits are provided by a Services Provider selected at the sole discretion of
Services will be cancelled at the end of the month in which the Sponsor is notified
that the Eligible Group member or Covered Group member has forfeited the benefit or at the end of the month following the 60-day period after the Sponsor has notified Covered Group members that the plan is cancelled, whichever is first.